With the speed and range of a turboprop, the maneuverability of a helicopter and the ability to carry 24 Marine combat troops twice as fast and five times farther than previous helicopters, the Osprey greatly enhances the advantages Marines have over their enemies. The Osprey's impact was felt immediately upon its arrival in Iraq. Commenting on its advanced expeditionary capabilities and staggering operational reach, a top Marine commander went as far as to say it turned his battle space "from the size of Texas into the size of Rhode Island."
- Designed for expeditionary assault, raid operations,cargo lift and special warfare
- Built with composite materials, fly-by-wire flight controls, digital cockpits
- Vertical takeoff and landing, and short takeoff and landing capabilities
- In-flight refueling
Just a few of the enlisted roles include:
- Tiltrotor Airframe Mechanic, MV-22
- Tiltrotor Crew Chief, MV-22
- Tiltrotor Mechanic, MV-22
- Helicopter/Tiltrotor Dynamic Components Mechanic
View a list of roles in the Marine Corps.