Marines first landed in Haiti in 1915 to help restore order and political stability. Four years later, the First Division, Squadron E arrived in Port-au-Prince to support the First Provisional Brigade there. Within weeks, the squadron moved to a nearby seaplane base at Bizaton, the Haitian Navy Yard. Commanded by Harvey B. Mims, pilots flew five Curtiss HS-2Ls, six Curtiss JN-4HG-1s, and one Curtiss N-9 against the Caco bandits. Photo by U.S. Marine Corps.