With a highly survivable armor package, off-road mission profile and large cargo and crew compartment, the MTVR brings Marines and supplies to the fight fast, even in the most austere environments. The MTVR Armor System (MAS) provides complete 360-degree protection, including overhead and underbody armor that can withstand small-arms fire, Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and mine blasts. In addition to transporting Marines and hauling fuel, water, food and supplies on paved roads, dirt roads or makeshift roads, the MTVR is also the primary mover of the M777 Lightweight 155mm howitzer.
- Can transport up to 15 tons of payload at a maximum speed of 65 miles per hour
- Cargo compartment is 26 feet long, 8 feet wide and 12 feet high
- Can ford five feet of water
- All MTVR model variants can carry three Marines in the cab
- Independent suspension provides excellent off-road maneuverability
- Features a central tire inflation system
Just a few of the enlisted MTVR roles include:
- Motor Vehicle Operator
- Motor Transport Maintenance Chief
View a list of roles in the Marine Corps.